Monday, January 6, 2014

Dear Elodie (2 months)

(a happy 2 month old Mooshy)

Dear Elodie,

Bad mommy forgot to take your picture on January 3rd so today you are actually 2 months and 3 days old.  Mommy will do better next month, I promise!

(Friday, January 3... officially 2 months old - Mooshy is checking out her reflection in the mirror)

Your daddy and I are absolutely loving watching you grow.  You have really changed from a fragile newborn to a baby.  I think I have kinda been in denile about how big you are getting.  When you sit across my lap nursing I cannot believe how BIG you look but when your daddy holds you or I put you in your bouncer you still look so small.  Then I put your 1 month and 2 month photos side by side and I had a heart attack... you have grown so much!

(ahhhhhhh stop getting big so fast!!!)

You are so much more aware of your surroundings and you are getting so interactive.  When you look at me and flash a big gummy smile I just die.  It is the best!  Watching your personality blossom before my eyes is fascinating.  You are constantly kicking your feet out and flailing your arms around... all the movement usually results in you spitting up when you are on your back, oh well.  Since you have been so interested in your surroundings I've been putting you on your kicky piano playmat and your bouncer seat.  You love staring at your reflection in the mirror on your playmat and staring at the birdies in your bouncer seat.

(checkin' out her birdie friends)
(those little arms and legs are always moving moving moving)

At two months old...
... you are "talking" up a storm
... you are super smiley and flirty
... you are grabbing more and more with your hands (you have started holding onto my shirt while you nurse and I just love it)
... you are noticing more and more around you and following things with your eyes
... you are finally taking a pacifier
... you never ever want to nap on your own during the day... and sometimes fight sleeping at night
... you are letting other people hold you without crying (though mommy doesn't mind you being a mommy's girl one bit)

Every day with you just gets better and better.  Though I would certainly love to get more than 3 hours of sleep in a row I really wouldn't change a thing.  I love you sooooooo much Mooshy!!!  

Love,
Mom

(my long and lean girl)
(you either get a smiley face or a blank stare face... I love them both)

No comments:

Post a Comment