Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Dear Elodie (4 months)

(somebunny can hardly contain her excitement)

Dear Elodie,

You are 4 months old!!!  Guess how you celebrated your first night being 4 months old............. you slept for 12 hours without waking mommy up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It was awesome.  You woke up with a big smile on your face.  You haven't done it since and we have been experiencing an increase in night-wakenings but that's okay, it's all a work in progress.

(she does a very good "I'm not impressed" face)
(I have a feeling that smile is going to get her anything she wants... especially from Daddy)

It is so hard to believe that you have been in our lives for 4 whole months already.  I have been looking at the first photos I took of you on my phone; you were so tiny!  I do miss your teeny tiny babyness but it has been incredible watching you grow.  Seeing you learn new skills is fascinating.  There is never a dull moment with you!  

(my scrumptious lovey)

At 4 months old you...
... love blowing spit bubbles
... love holding your hands together
... rolled over from back to front for the first time on February 27
... constantly roll over from back to front... seriously you never stay on your back anymore
... are quite the flirt (that smile of yours is to die for)
... love to flail your right arm up and down usually punching me or yourself
... are sleeping in your crib like a big girl
... rock your Babiators like a boss
... love watching sports, especially hockey
... love being outside... we can't wait for Spring so we can be outside all the time
... weigh 13 pounds 2 oz and are 24.5 inches long

(always working on rolling from back to front)
(looks like someone is giving me the stink eye)

The transition of moving you from our room to your crib has gone really smoothly for night time sleep.  You were definitely ready to have more room.  It is pretty funny to watch you on the baby monitor, you move a lot in your sleep.  The next little thing we have to work on is independent napping.  As of right now all napping happens in my arms because putting you in your crib results in lots of crying.  I haven't tried too hard to get you to nap on your own because I am more concerned about you simply getting enough sleep.  I will desperately miss our nap time snuggles but I know you will get better sleep on your own so in your crib for naps you will have to go... well maybe not right away, but soon ;-)

(fist pump rage face)
(could she be any sweeter?)

I will probably say this every month but you really are such a joy.  I think you will just get more fun to hang out with and more lovey each month.  No matter how many times you wake me up at night or how early you get me up in the morning or how many times I clean poop off your clothes I really wouldn't change a thing (well perhaps a little more sleep would be nice).  Your smiles and your laughs make every bit of sleep deprivation and every diaper blowout worth it.  I am one lucky mama.

Your daddy and I love you so much!

Love,
Mom

P.S.  Aren't you excited for warm weather so that we can spend lots of time outside at the park?!?!  I cannot wait for you to see flowers and feel grass for the first time.  

(what is this thing that was stuck to my shirt?)
(mom... did you have something to do with this sticker thing???)

No comments:

Post a Comment