Sunday, May 11, 2014

Dear Elodie (Mother's Day)


Dear Elodie,

Today was my first official Mother's Day and it was a pretty awesome day.  We kept it simple because all I wanted to do was spend it with you and your daddy.  We went for a couple walks and took you to the swings for the first time!  You seemed a little unsure of the swings at first but quickly got pretty excited about the adventure.  It is so much fun (and such an honor) to watch you experience things for the first time.  There was a cute little boy on the swing next to you... don't think your dad and I didn't see you guys checking each other out, haha just kidding.   

(I never want to forget any of her silly faces)
(just look at those chunky arms)

No matter how many more children your father and I have, you will always hold a special place in my heart.  You made me a mother for the very first time.  You have shown me just how deep and powerful a mother's love is.  Last night was the first time in a long time I had to go back in after putting you to bed and rock you back to sleep.  I held you and watched you fall asleep in my arms with your hand clutching my cheek.  I want to imprint that memory into my mind forever.  On the eve of my first Mother's Day I just held you, my first baby, and couldn't help but be completely overwhelmed by how much I love you.   

I love you with all my heart and soul!      

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment