Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Pregnancy Update (34 weeks)

(33 weeks, 6 days)

How far along: 34 weeks today. 

Baby's size: She weighs around 4.75 pounds and is about 18 inches long (according to Babycenter).  Her size is always just the average provided by Babycenter because I have no idea how much she actually weighs or how long she is - we don't do any ultrasound measurements at my midwife appointments.

Boy or girl: It's a girl!

How am I feeling: I managed to aggravate my left round ligament last week and I have been in quite a bit of pain since then.  I have been limping around and moving very slowly.  Sometimes it seems like every little movement is excruciating.  The only thing I can do to get the inflammation to go down is rest... which is easier said than done.  I have been going to see the chiropractor once a week and it has helped my back and sciatic nerve pain immensely.  Other than that I am doing really well.  I am pretty tired but still plugging along.      

Maternity clothes: I think I am entirely maternity these days except for my tank tops. 

Sleep: Still manageable.  Being tired all the time helps for sure and I am usually pretty comfortable if I have enough pillows.  I am sleeping on my sides only which is actually easier than I thought it would be.

Baby movement: She is still a mover and a shaker.  I feel a little heel stick out on my far left side all the time.  I am relishing in each and every shift, poke and kick because I know that I will miss them after she is born... even if they do hurt.   

Food cravings: Still nothing in particular though I have noticed an increase in my appetite. 

Food aversions: Nothing that I can think of.  There are certain things that don't sound appealing (like salad) but I wouldn't consider those real aversions.

What I miss: I still miss knowing what I feel like eating.

Best moment(s): My final baby shower with all my girlfriends here in NYC.  Marissa and Jenna did such a great job and really made me feel special.  I am so touched by everyone's genuine excitement and generosity for our Little Lady.     

What I am looking forward to: The end of work.  I only have 7 days of work left and I am so ready to not sit in this desk chair anymore, it is just too hard on my poor body.  I am also really looking forward to having more time during the day to check baby stuff off my to do list... there is so much futzing to be done!

(33 weeks, 6 days)
(on our 2nd wedding anniversary yesterday - we are so ready to be parents)

No comments:

Post a Comment