Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Santa Monica

This past weekend we spent the 4th of July holiday in sunny Santa Monica, CA celebrating the marriage of our dear friends Heather and Nolan.  What a fun weekend is was though is was pretty exhausting for me.  Being is the sun felt so good even if I did leave with a bit of a sunburn.  I could totally get used to 75 degree weather without humidity... damn you NYC humidity.

(Santa Monica Pier)

We rented bikes one afternoon to bike down to the Venice Boardwalk.  What an adventure that was.  I hadn't ridden a bike in years.  Thankfully we all made it out alive and didn't get into any accidents (there were some dicey moments).


(Venice Boardwalk)

The wedding took place at Shutters on the Beach overlooking the ocean.  We danced the night away to the best live band.  It was such a great time and we had quite the Skidmore crew in attendance.  Unfortunately my sciatic nerve was acting up all night so I wasn't feeling my best but I made it through!


 (the three amigos)
(23 weeks, 3 days... with really flat hair)

Lesson learned this weekend... do not try to keep up with everyone.  I am still working on slowing down but it is so hard.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment