Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Pregnancy Update (21 weeks)

(our little lady at 20 weeks, 1 day)

How far along: 21 weeks today.

Baby's size: Baby weighs about 3/4 of a pound and is approximately 10.5 inches long.

Boy or girl: It's a GIRL!

How am I feeling: Really tired.  I just feel tired all the time.  I cannot tell if I am not getting enough sleep or if it is just normal pregnancy tiredness.  I've taken the last couple weeks off from working out because we have been so busy and I know I need to give my body a break because it is working hard growing our little lady.  It is definitely hard letting go of the guilt of not working out... this is something I have always struggled with.  I will get back into working out soon and hopefully this tired phase will lift a little. 

Maternity clothes: I cannot wear anything that isn't stretchy.  It is certainly convenient that I can wear dresses and stretchy skirts all summer though the heat is not so pleasant (and I assume it will only feel worse as I get bigger).

Sleep: Sleeping pretty well but obviously getting up a couple times a night to use the bathroom. 

Baby movement: I am feeling her kick all the time now.  I can feel her moving around before she gets a good kick in too.  It is so cool to feel the movement building into a kick.  She definitely is most active after I eat and in the evening, especially before I go to bed.  Her kicks can be felt from the outside and I have even seen a couple kicks.

Food cravings: Absolutely noting.  I've actually been having a really hard time coming up with stuff I want to eat.  I just don't seem to be interested in food at all.  It isn't that I have any aversions to foods its just that NOTHING sounds appealing.  I just need someone else to tell me what to eat.  This is driving Kevin crazy!

Food aversions: None.

What I miss: Not much actually... I am feeling pretty content these days.

Best moment: Finding out that Baby Fournie is a girl, obviously!  Also having my parents feel her kick.  It was really special that my dad got to feel her kick for the first time on Father's Day.

What I am looking forward to: Getting to spend time with lots of friends in the next couple months and sharing this little lady (and her kicks) with everyone.  I also cannot wait to get in a bikini on the beach and soak up some rays... hmmm not so sure I am looking forward to everyone seeing me in a bikini but the sun will be nice!

(picking her nose)

No comments:

Post a Comment