Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Dear Baby (29 weeks)

Dear Little Lady,

We got to see you this week at our 3D/4D ultrasound redo!  It was absolutely incredible.  You are still folded up like a lawn chair but with a little encouragement you moved your feet and hands out of the way so we could see your face.  You were sucking on the umbilical cord and then on your big toe and then on your thumb.  I think someone is going to like pacifiers.  Hopefully that means you will be a rockstar at breastfeeding too!

(sucking on her thumb)

We tried tapping on my belly to get you to move your foot and hand from in front of your face and you definitely didn't like that.  You scrunched your face up and looked so grumpy.  I have to admit I thought it was really cute.

(little miss grumpy pants)

I tried talking to you to convince you to unveil your face and I coaxed a smile out of you.  That just about melted my mommy heart.  I know you will recognize my voice because you hear it everyday but seeing you smile when you heard my voice was so special.

I know your Dad absolutely loved getting a glimpse of you too.  Watching his eyes light up and hearing the excitement in his voice whenever you were moving around makes me so much more excited to watch him with you after you are born.  He is going to be the best dad... I am going to fall in love with him all over again.  I have said it before but you are so so so very lucky to have someone so fun and awesome as your dad, you will just love him!    


You have the most beautiful button nose and the most kissable lips.  We cannot wait to hold you and smother you with kisses.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment