Friday, August 9, 2013

Pregnancy Update (28 weeks, 2 days)

(28 weeks, 2 days)

How far along: 28 weeks, 2 days today... we have officially entered the third trimester!

Baby's size: She weighs 2-1/4 pounds and is about 14.8 inches long (according to Babycenter).  I think she weighs less than that but what do I know.

Boy or girl: It's a girl!

How am I feeling: Feeling good these days.  I am going to try to re-start a more regular workout routine this week to get my muscles in shape for birth.  I have only worked out very sporadically over the past 2 months or so so it's time to kick my butt into gear again.  I am still focusing on resting which definitely helps with my exhaustion levels.  In our Hypnobabies class last night we were told that the last few weeks before the baby arrives we need to REST REST REST... no re-arranging furniture and cleaning every inch of the apartment every day.  I guess that means I have to fit in more of my baby prep before I stop working so I won't feel so inclined to do a ton of work in the last few weeks before baby.  That might be the hardest part of pregnancy for me... I just can't sit still when there are things I know should be done!

Maternity clothes: Still fitting into normal tees and tanks.  I fear regular t-shirts will only work for a little while longer since my belly will soon make them a tad too short.  My belly is definitely getting big enough to fill out more maternity clothes... I think the next few months will require buying more and more clothes for me to fit into.  Oh well.  I am wearing my first pair of maternity jeans today and honestly I kinda feel like a stuff sausage.  It isn't really comfortable to have my bump wrapped in fabric, the belly bands always feel too snug when I sit down.  If only it were appropriate to wear low-rise maternity leggings and tank tops every single day.

Sleep: Still taking multiple bathroom breaks.  I sleep either on my back with my right side propped up with a pillow (not flat on my back, don't worry) or on my left side with a pillow under my belly, a pillow between my knees and ankles and holding Marshmellow (my teddy bear, ha).  Sometimes I flop onto my right side if I am restless and can't fall asleep.  I miss sleeping flat on my back so much!  I know sleeping with my right side propped up is probably totally taking my back and hips out of alignment.  I plan to visit the chiropractor for some adjustments before birth to get everything back in alignment so Little Lady has enough room to get in the correct positioning.

Baby movement: She is still moving like a champ and her movements are still the highlights of my days.  At 4am last night she decided she needed to do some kickboxing practice which was pretty uncomfortable for me.  For a second I thought she might actually bust through my stomach.  I distinctly felt a foot (or maybe a hand?) jab out of my left side, it was kinda creepy.  If her activity is any indication of her post-birth schedule I better get ready to be awake with this silly little stinker at 4am and 11pm every day... I am gonna be one tired mama.   

Food cravings: Still nothing at all, boo.

Food aversions: Still have no real appetite but no major food aversions.

What I miss: I still miss knowing what I feel like eating and feeling hungry.

Best moment: This week's highlight was definitely the short glimpse we got of Little Lady at our 3D/4D ultrasound even if we did piss her off.  Even though she was covering her face it was so incredible to see her mouth moving... it is such a simple thing but it just warms my heart to see her already acting like a little baby. 

What I am looking forward to: Seeing family and friends at my parents house this weekend for a little baby shower.  Also really really looking forward to hopefully getting a better glimpse of Little Lady at our redo 3D/4D ultrasound on Monday (fingers crossed!).

(I can no longer see my feet)

2 comments:

  1. Love your bump! I feel like a cow in comparison! I'd say it is nearly impossible to just rest right before birth...twice this week I woke up at 1 am and began deep cleaning our apartment. The first night it was scrubbing the bathtub, floors, cleaning the drains..the second it was cleaning my stove top like underneath the coils. I just keep feeling like nothing is clean!
    I was so tempted to look into hypno birthing or Bradley this ime around...my epidural was given too late w my second and it was scary feeling the pain so I wanted to be more mentally prepared but of course I never found the time for the classes. Guess I'll just have to deal with it! You can only be so much prepared, some unexpected things can be thrown your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww you do not look like a cow! You are one of the lucky few who only gets big in the belly! I know my bump is no where near as big as it will get but I am definitely starting to feel like I am carrying around extra weight. Don't tell my husband but I know there is absolutely no way I will be resting as much as I probably should at the end. I mean how can I not clean the apartment 15 times before our baby arrives?!?!
      I am really hope that hypnobirthing will work well for me in the end, I admit I am a little skeptical. With our busy schedule it is definitely difficult to fit in all the practice time and quiet my mind. I imagine it would be really hard for you as well with your two girls running around. I am definitely not anticipating a pain-free birth, I am just hoping to feel as calm and relaxed as possible. Seeing that I have never done this before who knows how I will handle everything.
      It is so exciting that you get to meet your little girl any day now. I'm thinking about you!! xoxo

      Delete