Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pregnancy Update (31 weeks)

(31 weeks)

How far along: 31 weeks today. 

Baby's size: She weighs around 3.3 pounds and is about 16 inches long (according to Babycenter).

Boy or girl: It's a girl!

How am I feeling: Tiredddddd.  Kevin and I have been so busy with classes and traveling that it feels like we haven't had a moment to catch our breath recently.  I also haven't been getting in bed till almost 11:30 every night, naughty naughty.  Thankfully we are taking our babymoon this weekend so we will have plenty of time to recharge before we plow through our busy September.  I am also feeling pretty achy these days.  My hips hurts, my sciatic nerve hurts, everything hurts, haha.  I am scheduling an appointment with a chiropractor to see if we can alleviate some of my discomfort and I am getting my first prenatal massage this weekend.  I can't wait!

Maternity clothes: Last night Kev took me to buy some maternity tops because all the t-shirts I have been getting away with have become a little too short in the front.  Except for my long stretchy tanks, I think that everything I wear these days is maternity.  I am definitely lucky that I got away with so many regular clothes till now.  It does seem silly to spend money on clothes at this point since I will only use for the next 2 months or so... then I have to buy some new nursing appropriate clothes, ugh.

Sleep: I have started sleeping only on my sides though sometimes I do wake up on my back.  I am trying to encourage Little Lady to turn 90 degrees.  Sleeping on my sides isn't too bad but it certainly hurts my hips.  Between all the bathroom trips and the constant flipping from side to side I am not sleeping very well.

Baby movement: She moves around all the time still.  Her movements have gone from distinct jabs to more rolling and pushing.  Sometimes I just wonder what on earth she is doing in there.  She has found a nice sensitive spot on the lower left side of my stomach to push on repeatedly and it hurts... it feels like she is bruising some internal organ.    

Food cravings: Still nothing at all, boo.

Food aversions: Still have no real appetite but no major food aversions.

What I miss: I still miss knowing what I feel like eating and feeling hungry.

Best moment(s): Definitely the two baby showers that this spoiled little munchkin has had so far.  She sends a HUGE thank you to both sets of grandparents!  I have been so overwhelmed by everyone's generosity and genuine excitement over this Little Lady, it has been so heartwarming.

We got a much better view of Little Lady at our 3D/4D re-do ultrasound.  I still can't get over how cute she is.  Kevin and I just can't wait to meet her and hold her and kiss her and love her.  It is crazy to think that she could be here in just two months, time is flying by! 

What I am looking forward to: BERMUDA!!!  Kevin and I leave tomorrow evening for a little babymoon in Bermuda.  I just cannot wait to sleep in and enjoy some alone time with my love.  

(31 weeks)

2 comments:

  1. Your babymoon sounds like it will be amazing! And your bump has definitely grown you look wonderful! I'm sure that's not how you feel sometimes though. It's weird to be bump free, sometimes I'll rub my tummy to feel her kicks and then I'll realize nothing is in there! But it really is nice to not be pregnant I feel so spry again, it's so much easier just to go about my busy day with the girls. Your getting so close but unfortunately I feel like when you hit 32 weeks 8 weeks feels like a year away! Then all of a sudden before you realize it you'll be 38 weeks and go through oh crap I'm not ready stay baby stay! Then the week of your due date your like GOD GET OUT ME! Lol it's that anticipation knowing the big show could happen at any moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I keep thinking about how much I will miss her movements and karate kicks after she is born. There are definitely days when I am so ready to have her here so that I can get my mobility back. Man, my hips and sciatic nerve hurt! I am so anxious for her to arrive but also pretty nervous. She is just so manageable when she is inside and I will miss this closeness. That being said I am also ready for Kevin to have to carry some of this load too! I absolutely adore the photos of your new Olena, your girls are just beautiful!

      Delete